Thursday, February 07, 2013

Upcoming: Marvel “Secret Origins” (Or, “WTF, Marvel?”)

It appears that Marvel will be releasing a line of “Secret Origin” comics. If that sounds familiar, it’s because DC did that for a number of characters pre-New 52 (Green Lantern and Superman, for example, both written by Geoff Johns). First up is an image that is kind of disturbing…

IronMan-SecretOrigin

I know I’ve been mocking Marvel a fair bit for the way they talk/write about their Marvel NOW “Not A Reboot Honest” initiative, but sometimes I think they are unaware of the fact that they’re not fooling anyone. I do enjoy a good number of their titles (old and new), and I will probably always read their series. Captain America by Ed Brubaker (and Winter Soldier, a companion series of sorts), Mark Waid’s new Indestructible Hulk, Avenging Spider-Man, and any number of others are superb. But seriously, stop pretending that you’re not playing catch-up with DC.

2 comments:

  1. I swear, when I was a kid, Marvel had a Secret Origins series, that was mostly just... text and history and terrible artwork (even by the standards of artwork-when-I-was-a-kid). That said, I may be hallucinating the entire thing and I'm too lazy to Google it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine if you saw THIS image while worse for ware, or on a mind-altering substance...?

      Delete