Sunday, August 11, 2013

DC Villains Month: Mr. Freeze, Joker & Court of Owls

I don’t really know what’s going on with “Villains Month” (I haven’t been following comics news as closely these past couple of months, partly because I’ve been reading my favourite series a couple months behind). It seems to be a way to release three extra issues of certain DC comics in a month. Not sure if they’ll tie in directly to the main series story-arcs, or if they’ll work as interesting asides, or side-stories for fans who would like a little bit more.

Whatever the reason/purpose of these issues, I was browsing DC’s press site, and found some interesting artwork, which I thought I’d share here.

First up, this rather good domestic Mr. Freeze page, from Batman: Dark Knight #23.1 – Mr. Freeze:

BatmanDarkKnight-23.2-Interior1

Writer: Justin Gray & Jimmy Palmiotti
Artist: Jason Masters
Cover: Guillem March

Next, two twisted and intriguing pages featuring the Joker and the Ape House, from Batman #23.1 – Joker

Batman-23.1-InteriorJoker

Batman-23.1-InteriorJoker2

Writer: Andy Kubert
Artist: Andy Clarke
Cover: Jason Fabok

And finally, this very moody, sinister page from Batman & Robin #23.2 – Court of Owls:

Batman&Robin-23.2-Interior1

Writer: James T. Tynion IV
Artist: Jorge Lucas
Cover: Patrick Gleason & Mick Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment