Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Upcoming: COVENANT’S END by Ari Marmell (Pyr)

Marmell-W4-CovenantsEndI’m a big fan of Ari Marmell’s writing. Covenant’s End is the fourth volume in the author’s YA fantasy series, Widdershins Adventures. I’ve only read the first two, but I really enjoyed them both (I haven’t managed to get around to Lost Covenant, yet). Here is the synopsis…

The thief Widdershins and her own “personal god,” Olgun, return to their home city of Davillon after almost a year away. While Shins expects only to face the difficulty of making up with her friends, what she actually finds is far, far worse. Her nemesis, Lisette, has returned, and she is not alone. Lisette has made a dark pact with supernatural powers that have granted her abilities far greater than anything Widdershins and Olgun can match.

Together, Widdershins and Olgun will face enemies on both sides of the law, for Lisette’s schemes have given her power in both Davillon’s government and its underworld. For even a slim chance, Shins must call on both old friends-some of whom haven’t yet forgiven her-and new allies.

Even with their help, Widdershins may be required to make the hardest sacrifice of her life, if she is to rid Davillon-and herself-of Lisette once and for all.

Covenant’s End is due to be published by Pyr Books in February 2015. So, that’s rather a long way away (damnit!), but it’s nice to be able to share the artwork.

Marmell’s latest novel is Hot Lead, Cold Iron – the first in his Mick Oberon urban fantasy series set in 1930s Chicago – published by Titan Books in the US (out now) and UK (out next week).

Also on CR: Interview with Ari Marmell, Guest Post (Triumph Over Tragedy), Reviews of The Thief’s Covenant, False Covenant, The Conqueror’s Shadow

Marmell-Widdershins1to3

4 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to this so much! I liked the first book, but I don't think I got truly hooked until book two. The ending broke my poor heart... :(

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually forgotten what happened at the end of the second book... Oops. (Read far too much...) Remembered I had an ARC of book three, and had to go box-diving - we had major flood damage this year, so all of my books are either in storage or boxed up. Will read it ASAP. :)

      Delete
  2. I've really liked this series, even as its put me through a lot of gut checking as the series continues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. :)
      Have you read his first fantasy duology? The Conqueror's Shadow and The Warlord's Legacy? I've read the first one (loved it), but keep forgetting to read the second one. It's on my Kindle, and it's very much a out-of-sight-out-of-mind thing. I'm going to make an effort to read it in the next couple of months. May have to do that in general, actually - spend a month or so catching up with missed/forgotten books... :s

      Delete