Thursday, May 08, 2014

Somebody Liked “Queen of the Damned”…

One of my favourite bands is Sonic Syndicate. They appear to have snuffed it, recently (after getting a new singer for one album), however – although their website does promise new music in July 2014, so I’m quite excited about that.

Anyway, some of the core members of that band have now re-united to form The Unguided. I was watching some music videos of theirs (and others – it’s a really nice way to relax in the evening), and I couldn’t help but spot the major homage to the movie adaptation of Anne Rice’s Queen of the Damned in the video for “Betrayer of the Code”…

One, there are vampires. Two, those two “ancients” on the throne are totally Akasha and Enkil – even the way the female vampire offers her hand/wrist to the young, hipster Lestat-analog is right out of the movie! I’m not too animated about this, I just thought it was interesting, and an excuse to share another music video… Expect some more in the near future…

No comments:

Post a Comment