Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Richard Kadrey’s Sandman Slim rides again! And picks up some new jackets along the way… (Voyager)

Adobe Photoshop PDF

Anyone who’s been reading CR for the past year will know that I’m a huge fan of Richard Kadrey’s Sandman Slim series. I’ve read and thoroughly enjoyed the first four, and I am impatient to get my hands on the fifth in the series, Kill City Blues, to be published in hardcover this August in the UK (artwork above), and July in the US (artwork below).

Kadrey-5-KillCityBluesUS

In addition to book five, the first four are getting released in paperback in the UK as well. Voyager has commissioned some pretty cool, retro, quite ‘LA-punk’ covers for the books. The first two, Sandman Slim and Kill the Dead, will be published June 20th…

Kadrey-2013-PB1&2

These will be followed by Aloha From Hell and Devil Said Bang, on July 5th and July 18th, respectively…

Kadrey-2013-PB3&4

If you haven’t already tried this series, I highly recommend that you do. With the new editions, I can’t think of a better time, either. Even better, if you’re a UK Kindle owner, they’re currently discounted on Amazon

This is one of my favourite series, which has also managed to maintain its high quality (something that seems rather rare, these days…). Deliciously dark, original, well-crafted, and often surprising.

No comments:

Post a Comment