Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Upcoming: “Tomorrow the Killing” by Daniel Polansky

The artwork for Daniel Polansky’s next novel and sequel to Low Town/Straight Razor Cure, Tomorrow the Killing. And it’s pretty awesome:

Polansky-TomorrowTheKilling

I really like this cover. Although, that device in the middle reminds me a little of the artwork for Mazarkis Williams’s The Emperor’s Knife.

I still need to read Polansky’s first novel, but with this on the horizon, I’m going to have to up the pace of my reviewing. Tomorrow the Killing is published by Hodder in August 2012 (no information yet on US release). Here’s the synopsis from Amazon UK:

Once he was a hero of the Great War, and then a member of the dreaded Black House. Now he is the criminal linchpin of Low Town.

His name is Warden.

He thought he had left the war behind him, but a summons from up above brings the past sharply, uncomfortably, back into focus. General Montgomery’s daughter is missing somewhere in Low Town, searching for clues about her brother’s murder. The General wants her found, before the stinking streets can lay claim to her, too.

I’m really looking forward to this, now.

3 comments:

  1. I thought "Low Town" was good, but slightly hyped. I'm still excited to read this though! You should check it out. It's like Sin City meets Fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the exact thought about the knife. Perhaps both covers are designed by the same artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cover, though. Hmmm. It reminds me more than a bit of some of the elements of The Emperor's Knife. (a completely different subgenre)

    ReplyDelete