Sunday, March 18, 2012

Artwork: “Etiquette & Espionage: The Finishing School Book the First” by Gail Carriger (Orbit)

Gail Carriger today unveiled the preliminary artwork for her next novel, Etiquette & Espionage: The Finishing School Book the First. And I think it’s really nice:

Carriger-FS1-Etiquette&Espionage

I couldn’t find out who designed it, but I must say, this is quite striking. I think I may prefer these to the Parasol Protectorate covers, too. It’s only going to feature on the novel’s ARCs, however (boo!), but the final version will only be “slightly different” (hurray!). Etiquette & Espionage will also be Carriger’s first hardback release, which is great news for readers and author alike!

More on CR: Reviews of Soulless, Changeless, Blameless, and Heartless (review of Timeless coming soon); and also a recent interview with Gail Carriger.

***

UPDATE: CORRECTION (19/03) – Etiquette & Espionage will actually be published by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (LBYR).

5 comments:

  1. She deserves the success in "upgrading" to hardcover. Gail is good people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree. I totally would have read the Parasol Protectorate, if Alyssa hadn't pinched them the moment they arrived in the mail! I'll have to pinch them back, now. But she's tricksy... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very enticing cover! I would read just because of the cover... I am a sucker for book covers. J. Thomas Shaw's latest book, "The Rx Factor" sucked me in the same way. I was so happy to have read it though... was an amazing medical/political thriller from beginning to end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's a link to the author's site for The Rx Factor (sorry, my previous link did not work)
    http://www.therxfactor.com

    ReplyDelete