Thursday, March 22, 2012

Walking Dead Videogame Trailer

Pinched directly from Tor UK’s blog, here’s the first trailer for the videogame of Walking Dead:

I’ve only seen season one of the TV series (which I thought was excellent), and have not yet read any of Rob Kirkman’s original comic series. I have a pretty low tolerance for zombie fiction, so I don’t know if/when I’ll get around to reading the graphic novels – I’m reading a zombie novel at the moment, and I tend to like a fairly long time between zombie-related media. The Walking Dead setting, however, is pretty great. I’ll have to get around to watching season two of the series, too…

KirkmanBonansinga-WalkingDead-RiseOfTheGovernorIf you click through the link to Tor’s blog, you’ll find another link to read the first three chapters of the Walking Dead novel, Rise of the Governor by Robert Kirkman and Jay Bonansinga.

Based on The Walking Dead graphic novels/comic books and the series starring Andrew Lincoln (Teachers, This Life and Love, Actually) and written/produced by Frank Darabont whose previous credits include The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile, this is a new trilogy of books written by Robert Kirkman and Jay Bonansinga, author of Perfect Victim and Shattered. Set in the world created by Robert Kirkman this standalone trilogy is fast-paced, action-packed storytelling about the lengths some men will go to survive. With new characters, new storylines and with the same in-depth character-based plotting that has made the television series such an immediate hit, this trilogy of novels is sure to be a hit with those who love zombies and those who have loved the TV series and comic books.

Not the most helpful synopsis, I must say – what’s it actually about?! Anyway, if I get the chance, I may give this a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment