Sunday, October 09, 2011

Congratulations, Nathan Long!

Just a quick post to congratulate Nathan Long for selling two novels to Night Shade Books! Mr Long, who has written some excellent tie-in novels, had this to say about the deal:

My manuscript, JANE CARVER OF WAAR, has been sold to Night Shade Books – plus a sequel! Yup, a two book deal, with Jane to be published in March of next year, and the sequel soon after. Woo-Hoo!

I can’t tell you how exciting this is. As much as I love writing the Warhammer novels, selling an original novel is a threshold I have been waiting to cross all my life.

It feels glorious.

[Read the full announcement]

Speaking of his Warhammer novels: Nathan took over writing the Gotrek & Felix series from William King, as well as expanding it with a spin-off series focusing on Ulrika the Vampire: Orcslayer, Manslayer, Elfslayer, Shamanslayer, Zombieslayer, Bloodborn and Bloodforged.

Nathan was also kind enough to do an interview for the site.

I’m looking forward to giving his original work a read. If you’ve not read any of Long’s work yet, I’d highly recommend it: great characterisation, plotting, and humour. Not only that, each novel has just got better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment