Saturday, October 18, 2014

Civilian Reader has… Moved!

Due to my recent shift from PC to Mac, and after seven years of using Blogger, I have decided to switch over to WordPress. I’m sad to be doing so, in some ways, because I’ve become so familiar and comfortable using Windows Live Writer for my reviews, etc. Sadly, that programme is not available for Macs, and no comparable software exists (yet).

The first post I wrote for CR was on April 6th, 2006 – a rather short (hyperbolic) review for David Twining’s The Black Sun. Makes me cringe just a little bit, how badly I wrote back then. But, everything’s a journey, we learn and improve as we go along. It’s going to be really strange, not posting here anymore.

Everything that has featured here will remain – I’m not deleting this blog! (If nothing else, just in case I get fed up with WP and decide to come back – I’m fickle, like that). The first few years’ content will only be found here (everything pre-2013), because for some reason it didn’t transfer everything. However, all new content will only appear on the WordPress version of the site:

civilianreader.wordpress.com

Things are starting to take proper shape over there – there have been some formatting issues in the transfer, so some of the blog posts, reviews, and so forth look a little untidy. Many of the links (for example, on the Reviews and Interviews pages) are still to the reviews on this site – over time, I’ll switch out the links to the finished/reformatted versions on WP.

Hope to see you all over on the all-new Civilian Reader!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, you moved Stefan! This is what I get for not stopping by more often. OK. I'll start frequenting your new wordpresss blog. Super your keeping this one. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete