Saturday, March 02, 2013

Upcoming: “Shattered Pillars” by Elizabeth Bear (Tor)

Bear-ShatteredPillarsThe Shattered Pillars is the second book of Elizabeth Bear’s The Eternal Sky trilogy, and the sequel to Range of Ghosts. It’s a series I’ve been meaning to read, but I wasn’t in the US to pick up a copy of the first book when it first came out, and by the time I returned, I was swamped with other books for review. I will make more of an effort to get around to this series, though. Soon…

Set in a world drawn from our own great Asian Steppes, this saga of magic, politics and war sets Re-Temur, the exiled heir to the great Khagan and his friend Sarmarkar, a Wizard of Tsarepheth, against dark forces determined to conquer all the great Empires along the Celedon Road.

The Shattered Pillars will be published by Tor on March 19th 2013.

4 comments:

  1. >>I will make more of an effort to get around to this series, though.


    Yes, yes you should. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just been so slow! I think they actually have book one in the local library - an astonishingly diverse selection of SFF in what is otherwise a backwater town in the middle of nowhere... :)

      Delete
  2. I love the covers for this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The covers for both are stunning. Not that that's any indication of quality of content, of course, but it bodes well that the publisher commissioned such a nice cover.

      Delete