Wednesday, November 28, 2012

These ones don’t glitter…

I, Vampire is one of the best things about DC Comics’ New 52 re-launch. Joshua Fialkov’s writing is really top-notch, and Andrea Sorrentino’s artwork is superb. This 14th cover (by Sorrentino and Marcelo Maiolo) is rather eye-catching, so I thought I’d share it with you all, as well as a great panel from inside the comic…

IVampire-14

This is more how I like my vampires, if they’re not written by Anne Rice: evil, hungry, and… toothy.

And this is what happens when they come in contact with a spark…

IVampire-14-Interior5

Boom

I Vampire #14 goes on sale November 28th. I haven’t been able to keep up with the series on a monthly basis (irritating thing about being unemployed for so long…), but I will certainly be getting the collected editions as-and-when they are released.

3 comments:

  1. This looks pretty damn sweet. I've not read comic vamps since MAX had that short lived Blade series, and that was years ago. Shall have to pick this one up.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this series. I am, admittedly, quite the lover of vampire-related fiction, etc., but Fialkov's story is great and the artwork is superb for tone and atmosphere. Definitely check it out if you get the chance.

      Delete
  2. Easily one of the best series in the New 52, if not THE BEST! I strongly recommend it! It's nothing short of a classic in the making.

    ReplyDelete