Thursday, November 29, 2012

Graeme’s Fantasy Book Review, R.I.P.

Sad to say, Graeme’s Fantasy Book Review has come to an end.

GFBR was one of the first review sites I stumbled across, when I made my first forays into the realm of book blogging and the online SFF community. I enjoyed his reviews, and have read his blog as long as I’ve been working on my own. He was encouraging at the start of my blogging ‘career’, and was always good for a chat via Twitter (which was, for a very long time, my only real connection with the greater SFF blogging/fanatic community). We would often compare notes on Black Library releases, which we always seemed to review at roughly the same time…

I had the pleasure of meeting Graeme in August at the pub after the Fantasy Faction-Blackwell’s event, and he was a lovely fellow, and we weathered a very strange intrusion by a very drunk SFF fan who insisted that Pat Rothfuss’s Wise Man’s Fear was the best thing since words were created…

Great chap, great blog. Wish him all the best in the future and at whatever he turns his attention to next.

1 comment:

  1. Graeme's site was a massive inspiration to me when I first started blogging. He'll be sorely missed, and I hope we'll be seeing him again soon in another capacity.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete