Friday, January 06, 2012

Out Now: BABYLON STEEL by Gaie Sebold (Solaris)

Sebold-BabylonSteel-PhoneboothCard

Ex-sword-for-hire Babylon Steel runs the best brothel in the city. She’s got elves using sex magic upstairs, S&M in the basement, a green troll cooking breakfast in the kitchen, and she’d love you to visit, except…

She’s not having a good week. The Vessels of Purity are protesting against brothels, her girls are disappearing, and if she can’t pay her taxes she’s going to lose her business. Despite giving up the mercenary life, when the mysterious Darask Fain pays her to find a missing heiress, she has to take the job. And then her past starts to catch up with her in other, more dangerous ways.

I’ve been looking forward to this for a while, now, ever since I saw it mentioned on Solaris’s website. It sounds like something a little different, which is always welcome. Hopefully I’ll get to it in the next couple of weeks.

Babylon Steel is out now in paperback and eBook.

Sebold-BabylonSteel

2 comments:

  1. I just picked this up last week - looking forward to the read.

    I hadn't seen the tattered, cheesy ad, but I like it . . . definitely sets the tone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "Phonebooth" ad was sent out by the publisher yesterday - thought it was great, so decided to share it on here. I'll be starting the novel either tonight or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete