Monday, February 28, 2011

A Refresher Course for “The Name of the Wind”…

Rothfuss-2-WiseMansFear

First, some advice from Mr. Rothfuss himself:

“My best advice, of course, is that if you really can’t remember what happened in book one, you should probably re-read it. Most of what’s in there is pretty important to the story, y’know. I put it all in there for a reason…”

If, however, you do not wish to start all over again, or do not have the time to do so, then look no further than the hilarious cartoon-version that Rothfuss has put together with Nathan Taylor, and posted on his website, here. It will set you straight, refresh your memory, and make you laugh.

The second book in the Kingkiller Chronicle, Wise Man’s Fear, was published today, and is also available as Kindling.

I hope to get Wise Man’s Fear read and reviewed (not to mention ‘bought’ – I’m being slow) soon, but I have some work commitments that have to be taken care of first, so I’ll be reading and reviewing some shorter novels in the meantime. Needless to say, I loved the first book in the series, The Name of the Wind, and I’ve been impatient for this ever since.

[Thanks are due to Suvudu and A Dribble of Ink for tweeting links and thereby drawing my attention to this.]

No comments:

Post a Comment